Monday 14 May 2012

Yay!!!!! My box of yarn arrived this morning! So thankful I was able to get that last pair of socks done before this box arrived.. cause here we go, new pair of socks to start today!
And oh boy, I can not wait to get the next box... I ordered a spindle and roving.. along with a few other goodies too! I am so excited about it. I am going to teach myself to spin yarn... hahaha, I'm just so excited about it. I'm all giddy and giggly just at the thought of it!

Here is what I just got this morning.....


I will post a few more pics of these socks as I go...

And the books!!! Oh don't even get me started on those! I was so excited about the thought of spinning I forgot about my books!!! The many more possibilities for sock patterns.. my brain is being bogged down with them all!!!! AH!!! OK, I am going to get started on these socks right away... they are going to be for big feet, so its going to take a bit of math (a terrible subject for me) to get just the right size figured out... that is going to be the worst part.. but the rest, a breeze. So, I'm off to figure this out!


12:35pm
~Update~

Alright... so I missed a step, got all excited and ahead of myself... Happy to say I am now ready to begin knitting these socks!
In all the excitement, I had forgotten that I needed to wind this hank into a ball before I could use it! Well, here it is... and oh wow is there a lot more than I had expected there to be. Awesome though, because I can most likely get another pair of socks out of the bare yarn. Or, at the very least, two pairs of child's socks.




3:58pm
Well, so far the cuff is done! Ready to start work on the first chart... and here is hoping that they will be the right size! Going to have to shanghai the hubby's foot to test it out.. but keeping in mind that I will have to make these socks about a half inch shorter than his feet... Don't want to make them too big.. the recipients feet aren't as big as the hubbies.
Here is a pic so far...


10:38pm
And I am done for the night....



No comments:

Post a Comment