Saturday 16 April 2011

First attempt at creating my own sock pattern.


I think it (I still have to finish the other sock) turned out really good. Just wish I had a much nicer colour to work with.
 
 
OK, it's been a while since I've taken this pattern down and am feeling so very terrible that I have taken so long to re-write my pattern. I did put up a new chart.. and I will give the needle sizes and number of cast on stitches.. I'm going to leave it at that for now since it really is a very simple pattern.

DPN's size 2 3/4mm
Yarn: Any fingering weight yarn ( I have my preferences, KnitPicks stroll sock yarn, but you can use whatever sock yarn tickles your fancy).
You can either cast on toe up using provisional style cast on and work your toe first, or using long tail cast on, cast on 64 sts (if you want to ensure the cuff is stretchy enough, cast on using a size larger needle, work one round and switch back to your 2 3/4mm needles).
The patter is very basic and simple to work around the chart. You can use this pattern both toe up or cuff down, short row toes and heels or with a flap heel (I'm sure with most any heel) and a simple toe and graft the end stitches.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns, I will always do my best to fix any bugs or clarify any problems.. And thank you all so very much for your patience.
post_apocalyptic@yahoo.ca

~ Written Pattern Temporarily Unavailable ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment