Tuesday 12 February 2013

Oh the horror... at least that is how my last week has felt. Never forget your camera!! It has been torture not being able to get a decent picture of any of my work over the past week and a half...

My latest project, aside from the usual socks here and there, is a very bright and cheerful orange/yellow roving.. I bought it bare, left it kicking around for a while.. and voila!! Decided that since my last batch that I dyed turned out really neat, though a little dark for my taste, that I really wanted to give it another go.

This round of dyeing just didn't want to cooperate with me though.. I knew I would be kicking myself for not writing down the exact steps I took the last time, because oh look! I forgot :(
So, after a couple of attempts to figure out what I had done wrong, I decided there wouldn't be much harm in leaving it longer.. and, as per usual, I forgot all about it! Thankfully though, rather than having a muddy white, it turned out to be more of a cotton candy tangerine sort of bright... a colour I would never ever choose.. so much for a sunny yellow (another colour I'm uncertain of)...

Why am I so afraid of bright colours? Honestly, I really don't know.. though I do secretly admire them from afar. I would never choose them for myself. Personally I lean more towards the colours found in nature.. not spring colours... but summer and autumn.. a huge colour range really, just not a lot of really bright colours.
Anyway, aside from all that colour talk, it really is a joy to look at... only one problem. Do I keep it all to myself and struggle endlessly to find something to make out of it, or do I try and sell it?? I'm sure I would be happy with it sitting on the shelf, but what a disappointment that would be.. such a bright and gorgeous colour going to waste holding dust down on the shelf :(

I suppose once I'm done.. I will have to package up what spun yarn I've finished and ship it over to my sister-in law.. Get her to try and sell it for me.. at least until I have managed to get over my lack of tech know how, and manage to get myself set up to sell it through my own site.

And yes, once I manage to get my hands on my camera again, I will definitely be posting pics of this delightfully cheery yarn! It's definitely a must see!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment