Thursday 20 December 2012

Christmas Stockings

I was just recently asked by a friend of mine, if I would make some stockings for her children.. Of course, I tell her I would love to :)

She wants them to look/match the one that she has had since she was really little... So, I told her to bring it on in and I would have use it for comparison and make two that look (hopefully) like they were made in the same style or as if made by the same person... Here is hoping :)

I have gotten most of the first done, and thankfully they do not have to be done by this Christmas, but I would love to be able to surprise her with them.. (though doubtful :( ).. I will still try though. And because her stocking was knit using intarsia.. this is something I have yet learnt, or even attempted until now!! I have to say it is turning out pretty nicely, but I'm just not as impressed with it as I am with fair-isle knitting...

I will though, be posting pics as I go, or at least when they are all finished and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment